Monday 17 May 2010

Back to the Orient

15th May 2010 James looked at me and his puppy dog eyes filled me with sadness and almost guilt that he hadn't seen the Oriental Pratincole. So I agreed to drive him to Boston to have another look. Claire tagged along as she wanted to see it also, Cath also joined us and Adam somehow snuck in the car when I wasn't looking.
Any how the drive to Boston was delayed when news of a Great White Egret showing well from the Buxton hide at Welney had me making a diversion. We arrived to the sound of Corn Buntings in the car park, the assisant assured us the Great White 'was' showing well (was being the literal meaning). We stop to look at two male Garganey and then move on towards the Buxton hide. No sign of the Great White Egret.
We then set off to Framton Marsh, here we met Jim, saw a Temmink's Stint and sure enough after a lengthy wait the Oriental Pratincole reappered.

No comments:

Post a Comment