Tuesday 9 June 2015

Getting up at 5am does make a difference




Last night I found the young owls once again that I had seen last week ( I actually found two extra sets elsewhere also)

So as the light is terrible in the deep dark woods in the evening I thought would go early doors to see what I could get.

I covered two sections of my patch walking from Bacton Woods through to Ebridge.

The baby owls were still in the same spot but the light still wasn't that great, so I walked on.


This Bee gave me a wave.



Tufted Duck were a great bird for Ebridge







Willow Warbler above and below showing the difference the sun can make








A pair of Mistle Thrushes were unhappy with this.


Popping back hoping to get the young Tawny's in better light there was no sign of them but the adult was showing well.




and to top it of found a small colony of Firecrest with around 6 birds



Popped back later to show a friend the Tawny and got this picture also.



And just to add to the greatness of the day I added two new moths.

 The awesome looking Common Tubic - Alabonia geoffrella



Elm Midget - Phyllonorycter trifasciella

1 comment:

  1. nice pics Gary! geoffrella are weird looking things. Jim @ Lost Geordie

    ReplyDelete