Monday 24 October 2011

Isabelline Shrike at Horsey and general migrants

15 Years after my first Isabelline Shrike another (my second for Norfolk) turns up at the same spot.

A real cracking bird that after a hour or so of watching I decided to leave and on the walk back saw it again, and was one of the lucky few that got to watch it catch a Wren. The rest of the birders then got to watch the poor Wren get be-headed, it was awesome!




Yesterday my patch total at Trimingham/Gimingham passed 100 for the year with three new birds being seen a Peregrine and Hen Harrier that came in off the sea (not together) and an Arctic Tern that I spotted miles out to sea and watched it fly all the way in before landing on the beach.


Clearly still plenty of migration happening with all of the below as well as the bits above coming in off the sea. Mistle Thrush 2, Fieldfare 20, Redwing 4, Blackbird 7, Meadow Pipit 8, Pink-footed Goose 300, Redpoll 20, Skylark 35, Starling 110, Pied Wagtail 1, Siskin 15 and Crossbill 4. This was all between 8.00 and 10.30 before I then headed home.



No comments:

Post a Comment