Wednesday 8 August 2012

First Time Mothing

Adam brought his Moth trap round and we ran it in the garden, he helped with some of the id's but I did other by myself after he left, please tell me if they are wrong.

I still dont know the last three pictures though.

Brimstone Moth

 Brown-tail
 Fan-foot
 Garden Carpet
 Large Yellow Underwing
Lesser Broad-bordered Yellow Underwing
 Marbled Beauty
 Mother of Pearl
 Scalloped Oak
 Shuttle-shaped Dart
 Unknown call it No1
 Unknown call it No2

Unknown call it No3 (top) and No4 (Bottom)


Here are the numbers, Brimstone 3, Large Yellow Underwing 6, Lesser Broad Bordered Yellow Undewing 7, Fan-foot 6, Marbled Beauty 2, Dark Arches 3, Brown-tail 1, Codling 1, Garden Carpet 1, Shuttle-shaped Dart 1, Mother of Pearl 2 and Scalloped Oak 1.

I also had a go on Monday night by myself I will get the pictures ready later in the week.

On a bird note not really been out much, but a Red Kite over the garden was good, saw the Caspian Tern at Buckenham and also saw two Green Sandpiper on the new scrape at Pigneys Wood.

Edit - Been told No1 and No2 are Cloaked Minor which after looking at pictures I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment