Wednesday 21 August 2013

Moth list up to 199 - I wonder what 200 will be?

That is a combined list of 140 Macro and 59 Micro after last nights (20/08) trapping, as always the results are below.

As for the 200th will it be on the next trapping? I seem to get a new moth every time I run it. There must be a point where your garden stops giving you regular new moths but what would that total be, the garden list is only 14 behind (126 Marco 59 Micro) when will that reach 200?

The irony is that I may already be on 200 as I have past photographs of moths that I have yet to id.

Chequered Fruit-tree Tortrix 1
Common Grass-veneer 19
Elbow-stripe Grass-veneer 4
Garden Grass-veneer  1
Garden Pebble 1
Light Brown Apple Moth 3
Moth of Pearl 1
Pearl Veneer 8
Spindle Ermine 1 (NEW)

Antler Moth 1 (NEW)

Common Rustic 13
Copper Underwing 8
Flame Shoulder 1
Flounced Rustic 11
Large Yellow Underwing 9
Lesser Broad-bordered Yellow Underwing 10
Lesser Yellow Underwing 6
Lesser Common Rustic 3
Lime-speck Pug 1
Magpie Moth 1 (NEW TO GARDEN) - The picture is one I took earlier (in Bacton 10/8)

Mouse Moth 1 - a better picture than the last below

Old Lady 1 - (NEW) - it caused a breeze as it flew past last night, it settled for a few seconds before I could catch it and photograph, a huge moth. (1 of only 2 not photographed)
Nutmeg 8
Orange Swift 2
Scalloped Oak 2
Shuttle-shaped Dart 30
Silver Y  7
Single-dotted Wave 1
Square-spot Rustic 3
Tawny Speckled Pug 2
White-spotted Pug 1
Willow Beauty 5
Yellow Shell 1

No comments:

Post a Comment