Tuesday 27 August 2013

Patch Migrants and Moth list reaches it 200th

What a fantastic weekend reading the pager, I was to busy to head anywhere to far (as no lifers found) but all these birds must mean something good on the patch?

I have neglected the patch recently using it to jog on rather than looking for birds. Yesterday I had a small window of opportunity between collect the moth trap from my dads (will give full list below) and getting ready for a BBQ in the afternoon with the in-laws. 

I still went for a jog but took a different route with my Bins, on route the best bird seen, a Wryneck it was in a hedgerow/field which I spooked with the car as I drove along. 

Other highlights were Pied Fly, Whinchat and Redstart all around Trimingham.

But earlier than this I had ran the Moth trap at Dads and had quiet a haul of moths.

172 Moths caught with 41 species in total of which 30 were Macro and 11 Micro, I had 5 new moths in total. Full details with pictures of the best (well the new ones) below.


Black Arches 1 (NEW)


Bulrush Wainscot 1 (NEW)

Cloaked Minor 2
Common Footman 1
Common Rustic 19
Common Wainscot 1
Copper Underwing 1
Dark Arches 1
Dingy Footman 1
Dun-bar 1
Flame Shoulder 12
Flounced Rustic 14
Garden Carpet 1
Ingrailed Clay 4 (NEW)


Large Yellow Underwing 12
Lesser Broad-bordered Yellow Underwing 19
Nutmeg 3
Rosy Minor 1
Setaceous Hebrew Character 7
Shuttle-shaped Dart 2
Silver Y 2
Small Square-spot 4
Spectacle 1
Square-spot Rustic 6
Straw Dot 1
Tawny Speckled Pug 3
Uncertain 1
Vine's Rustic 1


White-point 2 (NEW)


Common Grass-veneer 1
Common Plume 1
Dingy Dowd 3
Dotted Oak Knot-horn 2
Elbow-stripe Grass-veneer 4
Garden Pebble 4
Garden Rose Tortrix 3
Mother of Pearl 17 (Seventeen) 
Rosy Tabby 1
Small Grey 1
Wainscot Smudge 2 (NEW)


No comments:

Post a Comment