Friday 28 March 2014

Patchwork Challenge February catch up with PWC Lifer.

I only made a few trips out in Feb, and at the start of the month a walk around Ebridge got me to see some fly over Crossbill. Also some flyover Pink-footed Geese.


Some of the Pink-footed Geese over Ebridge


Ebridge in the morning


I also popped through Gimingham seeing more Goosander on the patch and a red head Smew, also added Egyptian Goose for the patch year list.



A walk through Witton mid month proved fruitless see only a handful of Siskin.

At the end of the month (23rd Feb) I spent the morning out and about, a great start to the day seeing two Waxwing early doors in a roadside tree between Swafield and Trunch. I Then walked around the cliff top at Trimingham.

I spotted a small group of duck, well 15 flying past over the sea, and getting the scope on them you could clearly see that they were Scoter and one of them a Velvet a new bird for the PWC life list. Further scanning of the sea added Mediterranean Gull to the year list, as well as seeing Guillemot, Gannet and Red-throated Diver.

I then looked up and spotted in the corner of my eye another flock of 15 birds although these were much bigger as a small group of Swans flew past Bewick's 13 and 2 Whooper.

A bit more seawatching and I added Fulmar and Wigeon to the PWC year list before going to Pigney's Wood.

Pigneys wood was very quiet did see Cetti's Warbler and Bullfinch which is always nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment