Sunday 3 April 2016

Penduline Tit and Patch Visits

11th Visit to Pigney's 1st April 2016

I was no fool with the day off I headed straight out early before family time started.

It started before dawn with two Tawny Owls calling to each other.

The sun then come up and slowly began to burn off the mist.

This Buzzard was sat waiting for it to get warm.



The frost lingered in the shade the entire time I was out.


Only other bird of note was a Blackcap the first for the year. Was also great to see a pair of Nuthatch.


and this great tit.


Dawn over Pigneys


Pigneys wood species seen this visit 35 total for the year 70.


Strumpshaw Fen 2nd April 2016

With little convincing  required I knew I had to go see the Penduline Tit, about as much convincing was required for Lys to join me.

As we walked round, we were watching Kingfishers on the river and my first Swallow for the year.

We arrive at the site and waited in hope of the Penduline Tit whilst watching the sky dance of the Marsh Harriers, perfect side show entertainment.



Also added Sand Martin and Green Sandpiper to the year list during the wait.

This Chiffchaff was singing merrily.


Then...I was half daydreaming when I thought I heard a call, a second person also thought they heard it, I then thought I saw it but it was in flight behind a thousand branches a different second person thought the same, surely this had to be it.

Two Great Tits fly into the bush and out again but upon leaving they drag and third bird out with them, and there it was the Penduline Tit!

It flew to another bush where it gave brief but really satisfying views.



We then walked around the rest of the reserve seeing this Wren having a dust bath.


also added Willow Warbler to the year list before leaving.

8th Visit to Trimingham 3rd April 2016

Another dawn visit, it was very peaceful.




Peace isn't always a bad thing as I easily heard the Ring Ouzel as it flew along the cliff top.

As for other birds they were peaceful, but never mind.

Trimingham species seen this visit 35 total this year 69.

7th Visit to Gimingham 3rd April 2016

Very similar to Trimingham....peaceful


This Dunnock showed itself, a Kingfisher flew down the river and a Little Grebe was also present.

Trimingham species seen this visit 31 total for the year 50.

Was in the garden today and got these shots to





No comments:

Post a Comment