Sunday 27 April 2014

Patch Double Lifer

Still on the catch up but on Saturday the 12th April, a pager message alerting me to a Hooded Crow in the area of my patch got me going there as soon as I could.  I met a local birder who had originally found the bird but had not seen it for an hour or so.

I continued to look it for some of the afternoon but seeing a Swallow was the only bird highlight. Although I took a few pictures of some local tail.




But I got good views of this Hare



Just before I left for home i also saw this super Emperor Moth sorry the pics aren't sharp he was very mobile.





As the title promises I scored to lifers, so on the morning of the 13th at 6am the first bird of the day was an Lesser Whitethroat (and early record for me) this was at Swafield.

I then headed for Timingham and headed out. In the Cliff Top wood after adding Willow Warbler for the year I got my first patch lifer of the day a Firecrest.



I then walked around the pilgrims shelter noticing more Chiffchaff and Blackcaps around and on the walk I added my second lifer of the day as a Hooded Crow flew over my head with 5 other crows.

I then done the cliffs and only saw two Swallow, this Speckled Wood was my first since the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment