Sunday 24 January 2016

Pallid Harrier and Black Redstart

Wasn't planning on doing much twitching this year but the drawn of Serin and Pallid Harrier in W Norfolk was to tempting.

Both birds are still needed for my photographed list also so I headed out to try my luck on a dark and gloomy Sunday.

I started to head to Downham Market first but with negative news of the Serin I diverted to Flitcham to try for the Pallid Harrier.

I arrived and was instantly blown away with the number of birds flying around. Whilst standing around for two hours I noted maximum counts of at least 20 Tree Sparrow, 100 Brambling, 300 Linnet, many Chaffinch and around 50 Fieldfare.

A Hen Harrier, Sparrowhawk and a Red Kite flew through also.

Hen Harrier

So after the two or so hours I decided to get a drink from the car and stretch my legs and halfway down the road I hear a whistle and a yell of 'ITS SHOWING NOW' a ran back to just miss the Pallid. I went to the corner and then got ok but distant view of the Pallid Harrier flying away and having a tussle with a Buzzard.

 
A distant Pallid Harrier and Buzzard

After the Pallid view I saw a Merlin fly over our headed and across the fields and landed in a distant tree.


I left knowing the fact that I will be able to vastly improve on my Pallid Harrier shot when I see one again.

I headed for Sheringham and pulling in to park my car I was straight onto the target bird a Black Redstart.

 

It was hoping around the path next to the cliff top and then flew to the houses.




I then went to look for the Purple Sandpipers but had no luck only Turnstones and dogs were on the beach.

1 comment:

  1. Iron & Knuckles Gold Stainless Steel Ring - TITANIA ART
    Iron & Knuckles Gold Stainless Steel Ring - TITANIA ART - 4 oz. - 10 oz. - 25 oz. - 8 oz. - 1.2 oz. - 3 oz. - 9 oz. - 4 oz. - 23 everquest: titanium edition oz. - 4 oz. - 23 oz. - 10 oz. - 5 oz. - titanium armor 10 oz. - 7 oz. - titanium wedding band sets 4 oz. - 20 oz. - 10 oz. - 14 oz. - 10 oz. - 10 oz. - 9 titanium sunglasses oz. - 10 oz. - 11 oz. - 11 oz. - 10 oz. - 13 oz. - 11 oz. - 13 oz. - 11 oz. - 9 oz. - 12 oz. - 11 oz. - 13 oz. - 15 oz. titanium plate

    ReplyDelete