Sunday 5 June 2011

Black Stork and Broad-billed Sandpiper

As I was leaving for work a message regarding the Black Stork flying north at Waxham came on the pager, I went back in and grabbed by gear. I waited near Happisburgh for around 30mins but had no joy in seeing the Stork flyby.

At Lunch a message saying that the Broad-billed Sanpiper had been see from the southwall sent me out to have a look. I arrived to find three other birders watching the bird. I managed to get on the bird as it took off a flew left. Nobody seemed to know how far left it went.

After another 5mins of scanning with no sign of the Broad-billed Sand a small part of the Dunlin/Ringed Plover Flock flew left also, I followed them until they went and landed much futher west.

I then marched a mile or so along the wall and arrived at the channel first, it only to one scan to re-find the Broad-billed Sandpiper.




After work on the way home I stopped near Worstead to scan a large raptor, only to discover it was a classic adult male Honey Buzzard this drift off fast and I couldn't find it again.


Later that night I went to see a Quail where there were at least 1+ birds.



No comments:

Post a Comment