Friday 24 June 2011

A Wonderful Evening

A Wonderful evening was had not far from home, I only spent an hour there but it was brilliant.

The wind had eased when I arrived and I could hear a Chiffchaff singing nearby and got this video.




Then Blackcap's started to sing and a Song Thrush joined in the with the song. A Lesser Whitethroat gave its Yellowhammer style reel.

A Common Whitethroat also started to sing in nearby bushes and a Garden Warbler gave a full song.

I watched the Swifts high in the darkening sky (darkening due to rain) soaring and screeching around.

Then a family of Jays started to squabble and then an familiar yet unfamiliar sound came from near the Jays I put my bins up and there it was a Golden Oriole a brilliantly bright yellow male.

That put the whole evening together, one of those 'perfect moments'.

No comments:

Post a Comment