Sunday 27 January 2013

Its my favorite bird and its on my patch.


Although last weeks ringtail Hen Harrier on the patch was awesome this male tops it all. A male Hen Harrier has to be one of my most favourite birds.

It was early Saturday morning I was detouring on the way to work when I spotted it being harassed by a Buzzard I had the camera ready and although the pictures were rubbish I got and ok video and pulled off these video grabs as it flew through.

 



And of course the video is here


Also here is my selection of random snow pictures.






After work I headed home to do more work but not after a quick sea watch off Walcott (lots of Red-throated Divers and some Guillemot)

I also made another detour, finding a huge flock of birds, mostly Linnets but Brambling were in good numbers and a few Corn Bunting were also within the flock that was 500 strong adding yet another bird to the Patchwork Challenge.




This sat nearby.


In the garden for the big bird watch on Saturday afternoon (inbetween working).

The Snow still clearly having its toll on the birds with high numbers coming into the garden including Rooks which is a bird that rare comes 'into' the garden.


The entire count is as followed. Rook 5, Jackdaw 4, Carrion Crow 2, Woodpigeon 12, Collared Dove 7, Chaffinch 14, Brambling 4, Greenfinch 8, House Sparrow 6, Goldfinch 4, Dunnock 2, Robin 1, Wren 1, Long-tailed Tit 9, Blue Tit 2, Great Tit 2, Coal Tit 2, Blackbird 7 and Black-headed Gull 1.

Today (Sunday 27th) I popped to Trimingham mainly for a sea watch, I found a small flock of ducks 4 Common Scoter and a Long-tailed Duck on the sea, these flew East when something from under the sea try to get them I have no idea what this was?

I then found the large Common Scoter raft that I had been told about with around 60 birds in it.

In the wood a Green Woodpecker was flying around.

I was with the family at Walcott in the afternoon and got this snap also.


No comments:

Post a Comment