Tuesday 22 January 2013

Patch Lifer!!

I have had broadband troubles so my updates are a little behind but here goes.
 
On Thursday 17th Jan an appointment in Cromer meant I could drive through the patch in the morning to see if anything good had turned up.
 
I stopped at Gimingham Church and Pond where the ducks and Swans made the most of an open piece of water.
 


Further along I started getting some new year ticks for the patch, seeing Grey and Red-legged Partridge.


This Fieldfare was also and addition one of many seen along the coast even with some small flocks coming in off the sea to our warmer shores.



I got to see Mistle Thrush and Sparrowhawk before seeing this posing Pheasant



Before arriving at the cliff top wood Two Waxwings flew over my head and headed inland.


On the sea a Great Crested Grebe and Red-throated Diver were the highlights, but the best bird of the day was a Patch Lifer! It was on the Cliff for a few seconds before it spotted me and flew further along it was a Rock Pipit.


No comments:

Post a Comment