Saturday 12 January 2013

The Norfolk Rare

Been lucky enough to be near places whilst between appointments, on monday I stopped at Salthouse and saw the Snow Bunting. I then stopped at Walcott and saw the Purple Sandpiper on the groynes and this Herring Gull.
 

I also got a chance to stop at the patch briefly and saw Kingfisher and Grey Wagtail at the mill.
On Tuesday I popped to Filby and saw the Smew on Ormesby Little Broad. Thursday I was near Haddiscoe at lunch time and timed the visit just right with the fog and got to see the Rough-legged Buzzard and Short-eared Owl.

On Friday I got to head back to Ormesby Little Broad with the camera and got this picture of one of the Smew.


Today my Dad, Phil and I went on a south Norfolk exhibition, we went via Taverham where 5 Waxwings were still present.


We also stopped at Marlingford where the American Wigeon was showing well although the light was not great.


 Next stop was Thetford where the Dipper was showing really well!





 


After the Dipper we headed for Lynford, where we heard a Firecrest but could not see it.



The is a huge flock of Siskin 200+ that held 8/9 Redpoll



This Nuthatch was coming down to seed that somebody had put down.


After a long wait for Hawfinch we did get to hear a single Crossbill that we could not see, then Phil spotted this bird in the distance in the bins it did look good for a Crossbill but as I got the scope on it we could see that it was in fact a Hawfinch. This pleased the other 30 or so birders that had been waiting all day top see one. This bird was later joined by another three.


No comments:

Post a Comment